May 19, 2012

electro magnetism pt.1

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
photos taken by me

So the other day my Aunt's boyfriend asked me if I had made any lasting connections with anybody out here in the south... of course I didn't pause and with a huge smile I said yes! When I first arrived in Mobile, AL I had an extremely positive outlook on the people and the city, but that positivity quickly dwindled. I do not want to talk bad about the south because I can truly appreciate the simple way of living, but my problem was that this was the only way people wanted to live. There was a lack of passion, acceptance, and tolerance until I met this groups of outcasts and I mean that as a compliment. This group of people accepted me for all my weirdness and I formed deep and loving connections with most of them. I was having an extremely hard time out here and for literally all of these people to open up their arms to me, I cannot express how much I appreciated that. Some nights were definitely questionable with this group but at the end everything worked itself out and there was a shit load of good times! I still have about 3 weeks to celebrate these friendship and then I am going to try and stuff some of them in my suitcase :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that sounds like Mobile. Don't let that give you an impression of the whole south though.

    ReplyDelete